Monday, June 13, 2011

Author Interview & BIOGRAPHY - Storm Rising - A Kelli Storm Novel By Kenneth Hoss


KELLI STORM’S BIOGRAPHY

as authorized by Kelli Storm

Kelli Colleen Storm was born on June 24th, 1978 in Yonkers, New York, to Meara and Robert Storm. Kelli’s mother was born in Ireland and immigrated to the United States with her parents in 1965. She met Kelli’s father in 1975 and they were married in 1977. Kelli’s father joined the NYPD in 1972 and became a detective in 1978, shortly after Kelli was born. On August 15th, 1988, while walking to Sunday Mass, Robert Storm was shot and killed. Kelli, who was ten years old at the time, was walking beside him when he was gunned down.

At age twenty-two, after graduating college, Kelli joined the NYPD and began working her father’s case, despite department policy and the risk of being caught and losing her job. She married Kevin Watson, a Yonkers Police Officer, when she was twenty-three. The marriage only lasted three years, as Kelli began drinking and became abusive. After the divorce, Kelli continued drinking for another six months before seeking help and joining Alcoholics Anonymous. After the divorce, and before AA, she moved back in with her mother and took back her maiden name, not wanting to have any memories of a bad marriage.

With her new found sobriety, Kelli made Detective Third Grade at age twenty-eight, and three years later, was promoted to Detective Second Grade after making several felony arrest. She has been described by her fellow detectives as intelligent and tough, and yet she does on occasion show her sensitive side. She has the tenacity of a pit bull when it comes to a case, and will not let go until the case is solved and the bad guys are locked up.


I hope you found this informative, despite the brevity. Hopefully I can convince her to tell me more sometime, that is if she ever comes back from her extended vacation.






When a murder investigation turns Detective Kelli Storm’s attention to a drug kingpin, the last thing she expected was to find a link to her father’s killer from twenty years earlier.

Detectives Kelli Storm and Bill Hayes are investigating multiple homicides in New York City’s Washington Heights neighborhood.

When a young woman is murdered, Kelli tracks the killer to a Gentleman’s Club in Manhattan. There she locates an unwilling witness.

When the woman is assaulted and left dying, the investigation takes a new twist. The DEA steps in and takes over, forcing Kelli off the case.

She decides to take a different approach. Working behind the scenes, she pulls out one of her father’s old case files and finds a connection between the killer and his murder.

Kenneth's Blog




Review by: Paul Rice  : star star star star star
Reading Storm Rising by Kenneth Hoss was like watching several entertaining episodes back-to-back of a television crime show set in New York City such as NYPD. There were conflicts and resolutions in all levels: between the local police and the Feds; between the local police and the criminals; within the protagonist herself, Kelli Storm; and among the characters immediately surrounding Kelli, such as her ex-husband, ex-boyfriend, and mother.
I wanted to keep reading to see what would happen next, so I finished the book in an afternoon. Just like a television series, not all conflicts were resolved. I look forward to the next book in the Kelli Storm series.
 
Ken Hoss
Author, avid reader and computer nut. I currently live in Irving, Texas and work as an Information Systems Security Technician. My first novel, Storm Rising - A Kelli Storm Novel, is now available on Smashwords, Amazon US, Amazon UK and Amazon DE. I am currently working on book two in the series, Storm Warning, which I plan to release in the Spring of 2012. Twitter: @kennhoss





Interview with the Author of the book - Storm Rising - A Kelli Storm Novel.

Hi Kenneth, just a few questions about you and your novel Storm Rising.
Where were you born and where do you call home? I was born in Fort Worth, Texas. I still live close by in Irving, Texas.
What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say? Storm Rising – A Kelli Storm Novel.  Exciting.
If you gave some of your characters an opportunity to speak for themselves, what would they say? Kelli would give me hell at first, and then turn around and thank me for saving her life.
Do you have plans for a new book? It is already in the works. Is this book part of a series? This is the first book in a planned series of three.
What or who inspired you to write? In the beginning, I would have to say Isaac Asimov. His books pulled me in and took me to new worlds. And how long have you been writing? I started writing short stories in Jr. High, but I didn’t start in earnest until High School. I wrote mostly SciFi and Fantasy short stories.
Do you gift books to readers for book reviews? I can’t say. I haven’t had any reviews on my book yet.
Patti says: Would you like to offer some free on this blog for reviews?
How did you come up with the title and cover design? The title was easy. It’s came from the last name of my main character. The cover was the genius of George Arnold, the husband of a very good friend of mine, Carolyn Arnold. Carolyn is also an Indie author and has just released her novel, Ties that Bind.
Have you based any of your characters on someone you know, or real events in your own life? My main character, Kelli, is based on several women I have known over my life. However, there was one woman in my life that I would say comes closest to Kelli. She was smart, beautiful, independent, and she broke my heart.
Patti says: that sucks, been there done that. Oh but it was a guy, not a girl :)
What books have most influenced your writing most and why? I read widely, so there is really no one genre that influences my writing per se.
Is there an Author that you would really like to meet? John Grisham
Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover? Call me old fashioned, but I still like to hold a book in my hands. Yes, I know, it sounds ironic coming from an author whose first book is an e-book.
Are you a self published (Indie) Author? Yes
Have you ever read a book more than once? I believe I have read several books more than once. I once read “I Sing the Body Electric” five times during one summer break.
Is there a particular movie that you preferred over the book version? No, the book is ALWAYS better.
What book are you currently reading and in what format (electronic/paperback/hardcover)? What in Hell is up with Heaven? E-Book format.
What book do you know that you will never read? The Devil wears Prada
Patti says: Is that cause you loved the movie so much?
Are there any new Authors that have grasped your interest and why? AJ Powers and Christopher Petersen. They each have a unique style and voice.
Is there anything you would change in your last book and why? No
Who designed the cover of your book? George Arnold (He is in the acknowledgement section.)
Do you have a book trailer? No.
Do you have any advice for other writers? Stay true to your characters, and never give up.
What is the best advice that you have ever been given when it comes to writing? Don’t edit the first draft until it’s complete. Then edit the hell out of it.
Do you write under a pen name? No.
Cats or dogs? Cats, most definitely. (Independent)
Patti Says: Me too - exactly, Independent. I love that.

Where can your readers follow you?
My Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/kenhoss










1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Patti, this interview was a trip down memory lane. You are the best.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...