Thursday, August 18, 2011

I am a blogger! And this is my book blog - (Rai29BookReadNReview)


I'm turning the tables around to find out more about our fabulous bloggers!  You spend so much time promoting Authors that I thought it would be nice to get to know all of you a little better :)    I thank you, Patti :)

Hi Rachel,   Where were you born and where do you call home?
I was born in Pontefract, West Yorkshire. And I still live nearby in Knottingley, West Yorkshire in England.

How long have you been blogging? 
I don’t know exactly how long I have been blogging for but I think, I started blogging in the second week of august?

What is the name of the book you most recently blogged about?
The most recent book I have blogged about is Alpha by Rachel Vincent, which is the last book in her Shifter series.

What did you think about the cover?
I really liked the cover, I think it suited the book, and I liked the colours.

What was your most favourite character and why?
Faythe Sanders, because she was a female shifter, which is unheard of in most shapeshifter books, and because I love how her character is written.

Was this a book you were asked to review or did you buy it?
My mum bought the whole series for me from play.com


Have you written a book yourself or are you planning to in the future?
No, I haven’t written a book myself and I don’t plan to. I prefer to read more than write.

What genre is your favourite and why?
I don’t really know why but my favourite genre is Shifter.

What are 3 of you all-time favorite books?
Fire by Kristin Cashore, Stray by Rachel Vincent and Matched by Ally Condie.

Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?
Yes, either Kristin Cashore or Rachel Vincent.

Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?
I prefer paperbacks because they are lighter and I can take them in my bag with me to read at school or elsewhere, but I like hardcover cover, e-books and audiobooks as well.

Where do you prefer to buy your books?
It depends how much I want to read the book really, if it’s one I REALLY want to read I prefer to buy it there and then in a book shop such as The Works or Asda (which is one of my favourites), but if its cheaper and I can wait to read it I tend to buy it from online stores like BookDepository.co.uk, Play.com or Amazon.co.uk.

Have you ever read a book more than once?
Yes, I have read Rachel Vincent’s Shifter series more than once (and I plan to read it again!), and when I was younger I re-read and re-read The Various by Steve Augarde, in the run up to the sequel being released.

Is there a particular movie or TV series that you preferred over the book version?
No, not really. I tend to always prefer the book to the TV series or the movie.

What book are you currently reading and in what format (ebook/paperback/hardcover)?
I am currently reading Forever by Maggie Stiefvater in paperback format (I have the shiny cover, which I think is beautiful!), I am reading Wasteland by Lynn Rush in e-book format, I am reading Wanted by Jason Halstead in e-book format and I am also reading Incarceron by Catherine Fisher in e-book format.

Are there any new Authors that have grasped your interest recently and why?
Rebecca Weinstein, because she has written a Shifter book.

Do you ever blog in your PJ’s?
Yes.

Cats or dogs?  Dogs, definitely!

Coffee or tea?  Ringtons Tea.

Vanilla or chocolate icecream?
Errrm... Vanilla but I prefer strawberry.

What is a movie or TV show that you watched recently and really enjoyed?
West is west and I am currently waiting for East is east to come in the post. And I have just found a new TV program on Sky called The Block where four couples are in a contest against each other to renovate an apartment each. As a rule I do like the types of programs that are similar to Grand Designs though.

Where can your readers follow you?


Thank you so much for taking the time to do this interview with me and allowing us a glimpse into your blogging world.   Thank you for sharing and thank you for blogging.  Patti

2 comments:

  1. Lovely interview, girls! I'm off to check out Rachel's blog now!
    http://suzyturner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific interview, Rachel and Patti! Rachel, I'm just getting ready to read my shiny covered Forever book, and I recently finished Incarceron, which I absolutely love! Anytime anyone asks me what my favorite YA book of the year is, I always say Incarceron! I hope you are enjoying it as much as I did:)
    And now, like Suzy, I'm off to check out Rachel's blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...