Thursday, September 1, 2011

Up Close & Personal with Author - Sean J Quirk (The Betrayals of Grim's Peak)

Where were you born and where do you call home?:

I was born in South Africa, but call Los Angeles home now. 


What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 30 or less words, what would you say?:
It's called The Betrayals of Grim's Peak and it's about a boy called Augie who was found floating in the ocean when he
was just a baby and the book explores his amazing origins.

Do you have plans for a new book?   Is this book part of a series?:
Yes, it will be part of a series.  There will be two or three more books set in and around the world of Grim's Peak.

What or who inspired you to write?  And how long have you been writing?:
I've been writing since I was a teenager actually.  When I was 13 or 14 I used to drag around this really ugly, really
heavy blue typewriter around with me just in case inspiration hit, so I knew back then that being a writer was what I wanted to be 'when I grew up'.

Would you like to giveaway a copy of your book on this blog?:
Yes, absolutely.

How did you come up with the title and cover design?:
The official cover is still in the works. 

Have you based any of your characters on someone you know, or real events in your own life?:
I think it's safe to say that the characters are based on all of my collective experiences.  Bits of everyone, you know. 

What books have most influenced your writing most and why?"
The Harry Potter series, and all of Dean Koontz's books.  Opposite ends of the spectrum I know, but both authorshave traits that I admire. 

Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?"
The ones I mentioned above.  Stephen King too.

Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?:
I'm a bit of a traditionalist.  I like the smell of a book.

Are you a self published (Indie) Author?
Yes.

Have you ever read a book more than once?
Hundreds of times!

Is there a particular movie that you preferred over the book version?:
The Bourne movies came close, although they were quite different from the books.
Patti says: I love those movies!
Do you have any advice for other writers?:
Be persistent and practice as much as you can.   

What is the best advice that you have ever been given when it comes to writing?:
A simple little rhyme - "When in doubt, cut it out"

Do you write under a pen name?:
No.

What are your pet peeves?:
Bad drivers. 

Cats or dogs?:
Dogs.

White wine or red?:
Neither.

Coffee or tea?:
My diet consists mostly of coffee!

Favorite food?"
I'm a meat and potatoes kind of guy.

Vanilla or chocolate icecream?:
Both.

What do you normally eat for breakfast?:
Coffee.

Laptop or desktop for writing?:
Desktop.
If you were deserted on an island, who are 3 famous people you would want with you?:
Bob Marley so he can sing some tunes.  Jay Leno so he can tell some jokes.  And Bear Grylls so he can hunt for food.

List 3 of your all time favorite books?:
Dean Koontz's Lightning.
Stephen King's Needful Things.
All of the Harry Potter books.

 
1234.jpgWhere can your readers stalk you?

My Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/seanjquirk
Is your book in Print, ebook or both?:
Both.  You can get in print from Amazon, and in electronic format on Kindle, NOOK, Sony and Apple i-books.

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this interview with me and allowing us a glimpse into your writing word. 
Other books by Sean:



Summary

A woman abducted by a mysterious organization. A troubled man trying to outrun his past. A power so terrible it possesses the ability to rip away the very fabric of the universe itself… Read more















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...