Sunday, October 2, 2011

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - MARY TING - By Guest blogger Sandra (JeanzBookReadNReview)

Mary Ting Author of Crossroads.


What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now?

Hello everyone! My name is Mary Ting. I was born in Seoul, Korea. Now I live in Hacienda Heights, California.

What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarise it in less than 20 words, what would you say?
Crossroads is my first young adult book. Its a story of forbidden love between a human and a nephilm, half human, half angel, and where love and friendship know no boundaries.

Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
Yes, I am currently working on it right now. I'm hoping to make it a trilogy.

How long have you been writing? And who or what inspired you to write?
I started writing crossroads because it was a way for me to heal the loss of my grandmother. My book is based on a dream I had in high school.

Do you gift books to readers to do reviews?
Yes, I do!

How do you come up with the Title and Cover Designs for your book/books?
Crossroads is like a second heaven, a place between heaven and earth. It is where the souls of humans in comas or near death experiences may wander. Crossroads is where Michael and Claudia meet for the very first time so I wanted to name the book after where it all began. I had many ideas for the cover. It had to have wings and because it is a love story, I thought the wing heart shape would draw the readers' attention.

Have you ever based characters on people you know or based events on things that have happened to you?
Chapter one and two are events that happened to me, the dream and my friend who had the same name as me. Many people like Davin, which I am really happy about because his character was inspired by my friend who passed away. He was very likeable and was a best friend to all of his friends. Patti is my friend from church. She is exactly how I described her, social butterfly who knows everything about her friends and fashion. I named Claudia after a student I once had many years ago. I can still picture her face, just like an angel. When I was much younger, I had a crush on a boy named Michael, but his character is based off my husband, protective, romantic, and silly at times. No... he doesn't have wings.... lol!!!

Is there a certain author that influenced you in writing?
I have to say that would be Stephenie Meyer. Twilight is based on her dream and Crossroads is based on my dreams.

Which format of book do you prefer, ebook, hardback or paperback?
I love the way how a book feels in my hands, but I could see why many like the ebook.

What is your favourite book and why? Have you read it more than once?
I love many books, but the series I could not put down was the Twilight series. I read non-stop that the words became blurry.....lol!!!

What do you think about book trailers?
I think they are exciting and they make the book come alive. I am currently working with the winner of my book trailer contest. I wanted to make some changes, so stay tuned.

What piece of advice would you give to a new writer?
Get all your thoughts down before you forget. Ask friends to read your draft and get feedbacks. But most importantly , believe that you can!

Where can readers follow you?

Your web site ?  www.marytingcrossroads.com
Your facebook page? www.facebook.com/crossroadsbook
 
Your Goodreads author page? http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4388953.Mary_Ting
Your Twitter details? @maryting

And any other information you wish to supply?
I took on a journey not knowing how rewarding it would be for me. I've met so many wonderful people from all over the world through facebook, goodreads and blog sites. I've mad everlasting friendships where friendship knows no boundaries. And I have to thank my grandmother who continues to watch over me from Heaven.

For the readers, fly with me through this incredible journey. Fall in love with the characters as much as I did and make Crossroads your place to be. Thank you for your support!

Thank you Sandra!!!

JeanzBookReadNReview

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...