Saturday, March 17, 2012

Author Interview Alexia Purdy- Ever Shade (A Dark Faerie Tale)

Hi Alexia, where were you born and where do you call home?   I was born in Navajoa, Mexico but I grew up in Reno, NV until I was 13 and have lived in Las Vegas, NV ever since, now 20 years.

Tell us about something that has just happened or is about to happen in your life that you would like to share. 
My debut novel Ever Shade (A Dark Faerie Tale) was just picked up by a publisher Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing and will be released March 16th 2012!!!

What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 30 or less words, what would you say?
Ever Shade - A dark twist on faeries.  Shade finds herself in the treacherous land of Faerie where magic and betrayal abound, no one is who they seem and Shade discovers she’s a faery too-with some tricks up her sleeve.

If you gave one of your characters an opportunity to speak for themselves, what would they say? 
Ah, Darren, he is so treacherous and evil but he would claim he is not.  He would say that he is special and wants to keep the magic of Faerie untainted by humans-who have no place in the land of Faerie.

Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
I have book 2 already written and waiting to be published: Ever Fire (A Dark Faerie Tale #2) to release sometime end of 2012 TBA or early 2013.  In the meantime I am also releasing another series: Reign of Blood book 1, a post-apocalyptic vampire hunter urban fantasy/horror March 31st 2012.  My poetry collection will also be releasing soon in February and it’s titled: Whispers of Dreams (A Poetic Collection).  I also have two submissions included in Dark Light, an anthology with Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing.

What books have influenced your writing?
I actually have wanted to write fantasy since I was very young.  I have to give kudos to the Secret of the Unicorn Queen series, awesome for kids but currently out of print.  I also drew inspiration from all of Cassandra Clare’s Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices series, Holly Black’s Modern Faerie Tale series and the Resident Evil novels by S.D. Perry.  I love dark story telling at its best, anything like Grimm’s Fairy Tales which I read and fell in love with as a child.

Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?
I’d love to meet Charlaine Harris, she seems like an amazing person!  I love her Sookie Stackhouse series, read them all!

Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?
I prefer paperbacks but I love hardcovers and ebooks alike.  I don’t discriminate.

Are you a self published (Indie) Author?
I did self publish my first book Interim Blue July 2011.  I fortunately got picked up by a publisher and it will be re-released as Ever Shade (A Dark Faerie Tale) March 16th 2012. 

Are there any Authors that have grasped your interest recently and why?
Definitely Madison Daniel and H.D. Gordon, I recently finished reading their books and they were amazing!!!  They are going to take the world by storm!


Who designed the cover of your book?
Paragraphic Designs, she rocks!!!
Do you buy a book by the cover?
I have to admit I do!  If it’s amazing or intriguing, I have to at least check to see what it’s about.  I do try to restrain myself.

Do you have any advice for other writers?
Write and write and write and read a lot!!! Just do it already!

Do you write under a pen name?
No I don’t.  That’s my name in real life ;)

What date were you born? - you can leave off the year if you like.
April 29th


Do you have a nickname?
Lexi, Lex, Alexi, Alexis, anything related to my name ends up my nickname.


An early childhood memory –
One of my earliest child hood memories was my grandmother baking cakes in the shape of a pink rabbit and a blue rabbit, one for me and one for my twin brother.

Do you ever write in your PJ’s?
All the time, my preferred uniform.  Best job ever!!!


Patti Says: Agree!!!

What are your pet peeves?
Being the only one turning off lights in my house.  I like it dark and the power bill low.  
Coffee or tea?
Green iced tea or coke, coffee if desperate.

Vanilla or chocolate ice-cream?
Chocolate- yum!!!

What do you normally eat for breakfast, of do you skip it and get straight to work?
I eat breakfast at work.  I’m there for twelve and a half hours so I live all day there.  When I’m at home, I eat all day long, small meals, junk food.  It’s bad.

Sleep in or get up early?
I’d rather sleep in but I have to get up early every day.  Life demands it.

Laptop or desktop for writing?
Laptop for sure!
Where and when do you prefer to do your writing?
Either at my dining room table or on the couch with my laptop.  I prefer writing during my kid’s nap time or late at night with the creatures of the night.  haha

Where is one place in the world that you would really love to visit someday?
Ireland or Italy

One of your favorite quotes –
"You don't have to be great to get started, but you have to get started to be great."  Can’t remember who said that! 


List 3 of your favorite movies?

Patti Says: oh I loved the Never ending story!!!

An actor or a book character you have a crush on –
Right now it’s Jem from The Clockwork Prince, sigh…..

What is a movie or TV show that you watched just recently and really enjoyed?
I’m insanely crazy about The Walking Dead.  Can’t wait until it’s back on.

Where can your readers stalk you?
Blog/website:
Twitter:
Goodreads Author page:
Facebook Profile page:
Ever Shade (A Dark Faerie Tale) Fan page:

Is your book in Print, ebook or both?
When my book Ever Shade was released March 16th, it will be ebook and print.  Reign of Blood will be available as an Ebook and possibly in print also.  Whispers of Dreams (A Poetic Collection will be both also but first as an ebook.  

Alexia currently lives in Las Vegas, Nevada- Sin City! She loves to spend every free moment writing, or playing with her four rambunctious kids. Writing has always been her dream and she has been writing ever since she can remember. She love's creating paranormal fantasy and poetry and loves to read and devour books daily. Alexia also enjoys watching movies, dancing, singing loudly in the car and Italian food. 

Currently working on launching her debut dark paranormal fantasy series starting with "Every Shade: A Dark Faerie Tale" with Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing. Launches in Feb. 29th 2012. Her new post-apocalyptic vampire hunter series "Reign of Blood" releases via amazon.com March 31st 2012. "Whispers of Dreams (A Poetic Collection)" is now available on amazon.com.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...