Monday, March 19, 2012

Author Interview with Tiffany Fulton - Idol Siren

Where were you born and where do you call home? 
I was born and raised in North Carolina for 17 years. I currently live in Louisiana, but my heart is permanently stamped in the Tar Heel State.

What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 30 or less words, what would you say?
The name of my most recent book is La Demon Royale. I’d sum it up in 30 words or less in this way: It’s a short story about an antisocial demon princess who refuses to change.
Do you have plans for a new book?   Is this book part of a series?
Yes, I have plans for two new books that should be available at the end of February. They might be part of a series—then again, they might not be. I’m still working that out.
Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?
There are too many to pick just one, but if I had to pick one, it would be Kimberly Spencer, author of the Shimmer Trilogy. She’s indie, like me.
Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?
The only books I will buy in paperback are magazines  and graphic novels. Hardcover books will be purchased if they are rare. Indie published ebooks take up space in my Nook now.
Where do you prefer to buy your books?
Online
Are you a self published (Indie) Author?
Yes I am.
What book would you like to read again?
Anything by Ann Matthews Martin, author of the The Babysitters’ Club series.
Is there a particular movie that you preferred over the book version?
Not that I can think of.
What book are you currently reading and in what format (ebook/paperback/hardcover)?
I just finished reading Lunar Light by Penelope Fletcher as an ebook on my Nook.
Are there any Authors that have grasped your interest recently and why?
Yes, the aforementioned Penelope Fletcher to start. I heard lots of good things about her books and I like the fact that she has a variety of paranormal creatures her stories. Zoe Winters is another writer I caught onto about two months ago—I heard about her through one of her podcasts with Joanna Penn of the Creative Penn.com. Zoe’s hilarious.
Who designed the cover of your book?
I found a photo on Microsoft Clip Art and edited it with Paint.net

Do you buy a book by the cover?
No. I read the first paragraph…that’s my personal hook.
What are your thoughts on book trailers?
They are awesome if you can make them.
Do you have any advice for other writers?
If you want to go into one area of publishing, research them all—traditional, self-publishing, any exposure on the Internet is wonderful. “Write a lot and read a lot”, as Stephen King says, “There’s no way around these two things that I’m aware of,”
Do you write under a pen name?
On Fiction Press.com, I do. That name is Sakura Reyna. I still publish there.

What date were you born?
- you can leave off the year if you like.
February 1, 1988 (Year of the Dragon, which 2012 is)


Do you ever write in your PJ’s?
Yes


Coffee or tea?
Coffee
Vanilla or chocolate ice-cream?
Vanilla

Patti Says: Me too!
Sleep in or get up early?
Get up early
Laptop or desktop for writing?
Laptop

Your favorite gadget -  My laptop, my E-readers, & an Ipod Touch as soon as I get one
Where and when do you prefer to do your writing?
I can write anywhere that’s quiet –or if I have on headphones in a loud place, that works too.
If you were deserted on an island, who are 3 famous people you would want with you?
Holy moly…Takeuchi Naoko-- the creator of Sailor Moon, Sarah Michelle Gellar, & J.K. Rowling

Where is one place in the world that you would really love to visit someday?
Tokyo, Japan
List 3 books you just recently read and would recommend?
Lunar Light by Penelope Fletcher
List 3 of your favorite movies?
Commando
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
Four Brothers
An actor or a book character you have a crush on –
Actor…Kyle Schmid—He’s a sexy Henry Fitzroy on Blood Ties…
Where can your readers stalk you?
Is your book in Print, ebook or both?
Idol Siren is only available as an ebook right now.
Thank you so much for taking the time to do this interview with me, it has been fun, and allowing us a glimpse into your writing word.  I hope you share this interview with your friends so we can all get to know you a little better.  Patti

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...