Wednesday, November 12, 2014

I am Arkadia Castner. I am beautiful. I am popular. I am also the most messed-up witch you will ever meet.


Book Description from Amazon:

I am Arkadia Castner. I am beautiful. I am popular. I am also the most messed-up witch you will ever meet. I can’t make water boil, or make the wind blow; I can’t even light a match without the aid of a flint. My 18th birthday is in six months, and if I don’t pass the Paranormal Safety Exams (PSEs) by then, I will be banished to the Isle of Shadows for eternity, never to be seen again – it will be as though I never existed.

I found myself at the halfway house under the supervision and guidance of Den Mother and telepathic empath, Eloise Mayflower. The halfway house is the last chance for troubled paranormal teens like me to pass our PSEs and avoid banishment. Eloise knows everything I think and feel, and is supposed to be helping me, but I still can’t do basic spells a six-year-old can do. I hate it here, but I have no choice. This is my last chance.

I had all but given up hope, when in walks Bohdan Drak. Tall, dark, and so damn sexy it hurts to look at him – even his muscles had muscles. He is a dragon shifter and wears the mark of having passed his PSEs. When our souls meet, we realize we have found our soul mates and perfect matches. My dying hope has found life again, and I finally have a reason to look forward to a future.

I thought everything would be fine, but darkness and despair creep into my future. I have been framed for a murder, and everyone believes I am guilty. The paranormal council now watches my every move. Can I trust Bohdan and true love? I fear my destiny is to be banished forever …


What inspired you to start writing, and when?
I had just turned 40 and decided to not just have dreams, but to make them reality. 

What is your preferred genre?
Paranormal Romance is my Passion.

How many books have you written?  If more than one, are any a series…or trilogy?
This is my debut novel, but hopefully will be the first in a series of 7.. I think.. :)

Do you have plans for a new book?
Raven is book 2 in this series, and on her way.

Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?
Wow... There is so many... If I could have a coffee date with three authors? They would be J.R.Ward, Gena Showalter and Nina Bangs.

Was there an Author that inspired your writing?
All authors inspire me to write, but there was one that exposed me to this world and showed me it was possible to make my dreams a reality , and that was K E Osborn. 

Do you plot or write by the seat of your pants?
I tried plotting, but soon through it away. The characters took over and told me what to write. Arkadia is very different to what she was supposed to be, and in my opinon, far better.

Did you have an editor edit your books?
Yes, Kelly Hartigan from Xterraweb... And apparently I have an unhealthy comma addiction. :) 

Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?
Paperbacks... Always.. However the convenience of my kindle is very addictive.  

Where do you prefer to buy your books?
Generally on amazon, or from the authors directly.

Are you a self- published (Indie) Author?
Yes I am indie and proud to be.

Who designed the cover of your book?
Patti Roberts from Paradox Covers. She is simply the best, no one comes close. 

Do you find yourself intrigued by the cover of a book enough to buy it? 
Covers are the first stop for any buyer, they are extremely important. A cover can either make me stay to read the blurb or pass onto the next book. 

Do you have any advice for other writers starting out?
Believe... Just believe in yourself, and write from the heart. Don't write what sells, write what your passionate about. It will always be the right choice. 

Do you write under a pen name?
No, I fully own and identify with all my work. 

Do you ever write in your PJ’s?
Is there any other way? 

What are your pet peeves? 
Lack of manners, they are free and should be used more.

You are trapped on a tropical island - who would you like to be stranded with?
Mmmmmmm... -evil giggle- .. My husband of course.

Pick one - Wine, Chocolate or shoes?
Chocolate.

Cats or dogs?
Dogs.

What is your favorite food and beverage?
Coffee, my life source. 

How many hours per day do you try to devote to research and writing?
I have 4 children's, so time for writing varies day to day, but everyday I will get some wordage down.

What are 3 things you never leave home without (apart from keys, money and phone)?
Asthma medication, hand wipes, kindle.

Sleep in or get up early?
Early, it gets hot early in the summer in Australia, so the most beautiful time of the day is around 5 am, before the kids wake up, I get a peaceful cup of coffee and some time to write and think about what is needed.

Laptop or desktop for writing?
Laptop.

Where and when do you prefer to do your writing?
In bed after the kids go to sleep.

Your thoughts on receiving book reviews - the good and the bad - 
As long as it's constructive it's all good. There is not one single book that everyone will like, and as an author, I have to be prepared to have people love and hate my book. It's part of the course.

Do you have a bucket list?
Yes I do. 

Where can your readers stalk you?
Is your book in Print, ebook or both?
Ebook right now... Hopefully paperback soon.

Do you give free ebooks away in exchange for honest reviews?
Yes, But only direct to kindle.

Book links:
Arkadia by Dzintra Sullivan 


Purchase links 
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1p11oSU
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/1wEEMGF
Amazon AU: http://bit.ly/1tKBSma

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world.  I hope you share this interview with your friends so we can all get to know you a little better. 


Thank you so much for allowing me to sit and chat. I hope people grab Arkadia, fall deeply in love with her, no come harrass me for book two Raven. 


Coming soon! Be sure to read Arkadia first.



2 comments:

  1. Ooh your book sounds fantastic, Dzintra. Definitely my kind of book!
    The first book I wrote (a few years ago) is called Raven :)

    Patti - awesome interview xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...