Friday, February 6, 2015

MUSINGS Box Set Author Interview with Judy McDonough - Deadline (Book 1 in The Bayou Secrets Saga)

MUSINGS Box Set - 14 authors - valued at over $20 - pay only $1.99




Book Description from Amazon: Caroline's life is on track. She's about to get her nursing degree and she's engaged to rich, handsome Trevor. But, before they get married, Trevor wants Caroline to spend the summer in Louisiana, getting to know her father, who's never been in her life. She reluctantly agrees and heads south, deep into bayou country where she meets Cade. Charming and handsome, he's pulling out all the stops to convince her that he's the man for her, not Trevor. As she becomes frightened by a series of strange accidents that began after her arrival, she learns that the woman haunting her dreams is actually a long-dead family member come to warn her about the men in her life. Caroline soon realizes that if she doesn't solve the mysteries from the past, they could permanently alter her future.

What inspired you to start writing, and when?
I hadn’t read a book in five years because I was making/raising babies. Then I finally sat down to read Twilight to see what all the hype was about. I was instantly hooked, read the whole series in 4 days, and decided I wanted to write something that people can’t put down. I was inspired to create my own story.

What is your preferred genre?
I love Mysteries, Paranormal Romance, and Romantic Comedy, but Romantic Suspense is my favorite.

How many books have you written?
2 published with the third in the works, and one completed, but in the revision process.
If more than one, are any a series…or trilogy? The Bayou Secrets Saga (Deadline, Lifeline, and Flatline)

Tell us a little about your book.
It’s a mystery/ghost story/love story about a girl who is being haunted by her great, great, great grandmother, and has to adjust to real life quicker than she expected. In the process, she discovers herself through tense relationships, paranormal experiences, and learning the darkest secrets of her ancestors. It’s a saga as you follow Caroline’s struggles to stand up for herself (Deadline), realize it’s not always about her (Lifeline), and that revenge is not always sweet. . .or is it? (Flatline).

Do you have plans for a new book? Yes

Is there an Author that you would really like to meet? 
I love Liliana Hart, and I’ve actually met her, but I would love to meet Stephanie Meyer and thank her for inspiring me to follow my dream.

Do you plot or write by the seat of your pants?
I am a true pantser, though I long to be a plotter. Oh, to be that organized. . .

Did you have an editor edit your books? 
Yes, Jennifer Bray-Weber is a fantastic editor as well as an author and my friend.

Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?
I like holding a paperback in my hands so I can flip through the pages, but I also love how I can hold 1,000 digital books in the slim, lightweight form of my iPad. I do like getting autographs, though, so if I meet an author, I usually buy his or her paperback to sign.

Where do you prefer to buy your books? Amazon

Are you a self- published (Indie) Author? Yes

What books would you like to read again?
I reread books all the time. It depends on how strongly it grabbed me and held on the first time.

Is there a particular movie that you preferred over the book version? The Hunger Games

Who designed the cover of your book? Kim Killion with Hot Damn Designs (The Killion Group, Inc.)

Do you find yourself intrigued by the cover of a book enough to buy it? Yes. The cover makes a huge difference.

Do you have any advice for other writers starting out? 
Attend writing conferences and workshops whether you think you need them or not. Trust me, you do. Everyone has room for improvement. I’ve learned so much from my RWA (Romance Writers of America) chapter, and for that I’m truly thankful.

Do you write under a pen name? No, but I probably will in the future if I cross genres.

Do you ever write in your PJ’s? Always

What are your pet peeves?
I have a few. Fake, two-faced people who pretend to be your friend to your face, but talk bad about you to others. People who only talk to you when they need something from you. Liars.

You are trapped on a tropical island - who would you like to be stranded with?
Henry Cavill. Who wouldn’t want to be stranded with Superman? Or Chris Hemsworth. . .or Channing Tatum. . .or Johnny Depp. . . :)

Pick one - Wine, Chocolate or shoes? Chocolate

Cats or dogs? Both

Tell us about someone or something that just made your day - 
I was recognized in the supermarket by someone I didn’t know, and he said, “I love your books.” Not only did he recognize me when I was dressed down and grocery shopping, but he was a guy! I love it when dudes read my books and like them! :)

What is your favorite food and beverage? Mexican food and Dr. Pepper or water. I do love a good bacon cheeseburger, too.

How many hours per day do you try to devote to research and writing? Any chance I get.

What are 3 things you never leave home without (apart from keys, money and phone)? Chapstick, sunglasses, and a water bottle.

Sleep in or get up early? Sleep in.

Laptop or desktop for writing? Laptop

Your favorite gadget? A selfie stick so I can take pictures of my whole family when I’m on vacation.

Your thoughts on receiving book reviews - the good and the bad - 
I love the good ones. They keep me motivated to keep trying. The bad ones, some make me laugh, some make me scream.  When you’ve written your own novel, then you have the justification to criticize someone else’s. However, I still struggle not to let the bad ones get me down and shake my confidence.

Do you have a bucket list? Of sorts...

One of your favorite quotes – “A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures for anything.” -Irish Proverb

List 3 of your favorite movies? Twilight (of course), Sweet Home Alabama (I’m southern), Chances Are (I love Robert Downey Jr.).

What is a movie or TV show that you watched just recently and really enjoyed? I don’t guess The Bachelor counts? haha! I kid, I kid… I have two shows that I DVR and watch religiously. NCIS and Criminal Minds

Where can your readers stalk you? Facebook.com/JudyMcDonoughAuthor

Is your book in Print, ebook or both? Both

Book links: http://judy-mcdonough.com/wp/books/

Musings book links on Amazon



OTHER LINKS


Inktera

Kobo

MUSINGS Box Set - 14 authors - valued at over $20 - pay only $1.99


OTHER BOOKS IN THE BOX SET HERE

KEEP UPTO DATE WITH ALL THE MUSINGS AUTHORS NEW RELEASES AND SPECIAL DEALS ON FACEBOOK HERE


2 comments:

  1. I totally enjoyed this interview. Sounds just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm skidding in late, but here I am!...I loved the whole thing, Judy...and I agree with you about many things, including your pet peeves. Thanks for a fun break and a good read...wishing you tons of sales with the boxed set:) Lo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...